old KING 2341

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Stupid is as.... on May 18, 2002 at 18:11:43:

I'm having a very difficult time getting all the water/spit out of my horn. This problem is not me, the other fella that plays one is also finding it very difficult to locate where all the water is hidden also. The water keys are placed in a way that you have to tip the horn down to the left almost completely horizontal to line up the key openings with the natural flow of water, this is difficult during concert.
I have found that by pulling the (what I believe is) third valve slide out and tipping the horn again empties it of some more. Still the best way to empty the main area of pooling is by pulling out the slide with the water key that is located immediatly behind the tuning slide, spin the horn so the pistons are facing me and rotate the horn at least twice clokwise, what comes out is Lake Erie. Is this a design flaw, bad engineering or are we going about this the wrong way. I don't mean to sound like an idiot but this post is a great way to ask a stupid question to a wide veriety of musicians. If it were left to me I'd put a water key on every slide but I'm not sure that that would solve the problem. Should we be emptying the water more often, is this a problem the the new KINGS?

Follow Ups: