Re: Pre-ITEC horns for sale

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by js on May 20, 2002 at 19:20:30:

In Reply to: Pre-ITEC horns for sale posted by LV on May 20, 2002 at 18:24:52:

OK.

We're just finishing fixing up an old "7/8" size ("real" California-made) Olds model O-99 BBb tuba (same tuba as Reynolds TB-10, and later the tooling was bought by Selmer and up until a few years ago made and sold as a "Bach" and/or "Bach-Mercedes" tuba) .

Many folks are familiar with this model, but for those who are not, it is quite similar to the Conn 2-3-4-5J-size tubas, except I believe the Olds workmanship was better. The bore is small - about .656" or so, but the body is almost as big as the "4/4" Jupiter BBb.

This Olds O-99 BBb tuba is a 3V tuba. We took out almost all of the dents, econo refinished and relacquered most of the instrument (withOUT buffing out the scratches, so it is still full thickness), and had the valves remanufactured by Dave Secrist. This is a great tuba for community band, amateur quintet, or dixieland, and a BRAND NEW hard case is included.

Otherwise, we have a couple of brand new 4V 3/4-size Weril CC silver tubas (WITH cases) marked down the the price of lacquered ones...

...and a like-new 3/4-size top-action 3V Jupiter with case .

I'm trying to figure out if I can go to Carolina, and if anyone is interested in these, I can try to jam 'em in. (I wasn't planning on making this a "business" trip, but would be glad to combine biz w/pleasure.) Frankly, I was planning on ebay-ing all this stuff.

Follow Ups: