Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: San Fransisco audition

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Rick Denney on May 23, 2002 at 15:58:27:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: San Fransisco audition posted by tubajake on May 23, 2002 at 14:58:48:

Please don't misunderstand me. Argue with Dale, not me, on the issue of soliciting rumors and gossip about the San Francisco audition, and whether this thread is or isn't an example of it. That's not a judgement I'm prepared to make one way or the other. My opinion on the issue of gossip in general was stated in my previous post, and I didn't insist that it even applied here. That's not what made me cringe.

Just don't use freedom as an excuse to say what you please no matter who it offends--that was my point. The freedom invocation is a pet peeve of mine, because it is often invoked by people who are complaining about being called on what someone else perceives as rudeness. Everybody can use that as an excuse to make rude comments about each other without end to the escalation. Am I the only one who sees the contradiction in that? "Freedom" means the absence of constraint or consequence in a choice or action. We are therefore never free to do the wrong thing--there is always a consequence, even if it is enduring the obnoxious pontification of someone like me, or living with that nagging feeling in our conscience. Believe me, I'm familiar with those scars, having earned zillions of them.

Rick "who is having a nice day, thank you very much" Denney

Follow Ups: