Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Saving Orchestras

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by js on May 04, 2003 at 23:48:55:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Saving Orchestras posted by Frank Z. Mustafa on May 04, 2003 at 23:22:10:

I was in the same position as you 28 years ago...so I went to a cheap (free to me) school.

Yep, there were "better" schools that offered more "status" and "connections" (though admittedly I was offered a teaching position at a university + well-stipended assistantships at two others right after graduation - all considerably higher "status" than the school I had attended), but hey, who says life is "fair"? Life isn't "fair". Life is a "miracle" . [In this next sentence, I'm not referring to any opinions that you personally might necessarily hold:] I have always thought it curious that the same group of people who don't believe that life is a miracle so strongly believe that life should be "fair" . If life is NOT a miracle, why do they CARE whether or not it's "fair"?

Whatever your situation, you always have to find the blessing. Mine is easy to find. At that "cheap" school I met an amazing woman who has kept me on track ever since.

Follow Ups: