Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Who got tuba studio spot at SMU?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by js on May 05, 2003 at 11:03:57:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Who got tuba studio spot at SMU? posted by Heroboy on May 04, 2003 at 18:26:03:

Thanks for the sentiments...and maybe consider this:

"Free speech" and "dumb speech", though, are indeed "speech", whereas "anonymous" speech (carrying no weight) is not really any type of speech.

In the same way that I often try and fail, Mark tried to kick a field goal and missed. It was noted, others were annoyed, and he was annoyed. All will be forgiven, all will recover, and Mark will kick a successful field goal another day. That is the human experience.

On the other hand, standing outside fence at the end of the stadium and kicking the football into the stadium "from nowhere" and actually having the ball pass over the goal posts - but backwards from an unknown source - not only "doesn't count" but is also only viewed as a momentary nonsequitorial disruption in the "game" - in spite of the fact that having done so is quite a feat in itself.

Ken Sloan stays annoyed with me because my views of things in general don't line up with his very well at all. However, this doesn't keep him from engaging in commerce with me. Why? Because he recognizes passion, and usually where there's passion, there's some degree of excellence. By the same token, if I ever needed the types of services that Ken Sloan offers, I would think of him first for the same reason - his passion - and the high probability of a correlation to excellence.

Come out from behind the fence and join the game. Bruises heal and those who feel affronted forgive and forget.

Follow Ups: