Re: Slow

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Frank Rosenau on May 06, 2003 at 02:27:04:

In Reply to: Slow posted by James Self on May 06, 2003 at 00:34:15:

How old is your G3 Mac, how much ram do you have and which OS are you using? I have a beige G3 on OS 10.5, almost 400Meg ram, Netscape 7.2 with a dial up. Most sites load fine, but Tubenet can take a while to load sometimes, usually based on the amount of content at the time. As websites go, it can be fairly large on content - a left handed compliment to the webmaster. When I was on OS 8.6 with the older version of Netscape Communitor, it seemed to load faster. I think the newer versions of Netscape may work better with a G4 Mac and OS 10.2 (Jaguar). I also think anyone with a G3 should seriously consider upgrading (at a minimum) to a G4 iMac or better, as I hope to do soon as I get enough overtime this summer (and my wife cuts back on her dog show schedule). I haven't used Internet Explorer for this site, but I do use it, reluctantly, for other sites that Netscape 7.x doesn't handle well. If you are willing to pay a couple of bucks, try the new OPERA browser which loads REALLY fast. A trial version is available for free.
IMHO.

Follow Ups: