Re: Our business

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Nate on May 06, 2003 at 14:14:10:

In Reply to: Our business posted by Needs to be said on May 05, 2003 at 14:27:15:

Stop whining please. Bottom line I should choose to fund orchestras and the arts based on my love and appreciation. Not because some Senator thinks I need more "culture". I have a gigantic problem with government of any kind taking my money and funding anything, especially their own existence, which is not necessary for national defense. Government needs to be 95% local and 5% federal the way it was intended by our Founding Fathers. Every orchestra and whatever else should be funded by private individuals and organizations that do not receive public funds. People generally make money based on their intelligence, and hard work, unless of course you play in the NBA. So, if you want to complain about your jobs being taken away and losing these institutions, try learning a new skill, there is no shame in working at McDonalds or 7-11, or whatever you have to do to make ends meet. Just don't expect me to pay for it.

Follow Ups: