Full set of scale routines uploaded

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Klaus on May 06, 2003 at 20:34:48:

The full set scale routines for treble clef brass band style low brasses and for bass clef euphonium/trombones and tubas in F-Eb-CC-BBb are now uploaded and can be found somewhat down the web-page linked to below this posting. The file name is "Low Brass scale routines.pdf".

As always, when I give away my free music files, you have to sign-up to my free and non-posting download group. Everybody identifying him-/herself with first and last names plus affiliation with ensembles/bands/orchestras. Any other personal information is unwanted. I just want to make sure, that I let my files go to real persons/musicians, not just to some web-ghosts.

I fully respect those not wanting to reveal their identity, but they should not waste their time trying to apply.

The preface and selected pages from the routines' file can be previewed by everybody at this page:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/YorkMasterPublicPhotosXVI/files/

Those, who can sight read their way through all of the routines, certainly have strong scale chops and a good range. Most progressing players will have stuff to work at for more than one semester.

But the general structure of the routines also should invite less experienced players to do beneficial progresses. Playing just 10 or 15% of the routines for ones instrument is a much better starting point, than not playing scales at all.

Some of you play contrabass as well as bass tubas. One sample would be Rick Denney. If he finds the high range F tuba scales and the low range BBb scales being too much of a challenge right now, then nobody would blame him for playing the mid- and high-range scales on the BBb from the BBb routines and the low range scales on the F tuba from the F routines. With dedicated work all of the scales will improve, also those in the harder ranges of either instrument.

These scale routines are part of my own warm-ups, but there they are preceded by diverse flexibility routines. Maybe I will issue those also. Some of you have them in the cornet version.

Enjoy! And have a towel ready to wipe the sweat off your face.

Klaus

Follow Ups: