Natural minor mode scale routines upload

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Klaus on May 09, 2003 at 14:28:33:

As a sequel to the major mode scales routine I have uploaded the equivalent routines for natural minor scales.

You will find "generic" versions for:

treble clef reading British brass band low brasses

bass clef reading euphonium, trombones, plus tubas in F, Eb, CC, and BBb.

There is a short preface only, as these routines are following the same principles laid out in the major mode scales routine.

You will find this sequel under the name of "LowBrassNaturalMinorScales.pdf" towards the bottom of this page:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/YorkMasterBBb/files/

Brass players already subscribing to my free and non-posting download group will have immediate access to this file.

Newcomers will have to apply for approval as members.

Please! If your mail address and profile do not identify you, then send me a mail telling of your first and last name plus your affiliation with ensembles, bands, and/or orchestras.

It appears that some players find the extreme low range scales in the contrabass tuba versions hard to play. They are right! But one has to start at some point. A possible concept is offered in the preface to the natural minor mode scales routine.

Likewise it appears, that quite a number of brass teachers have expressed interest in my scales routine concept. Of course an old brass teacher likes that. All of you should feel free to spread the news about my free music files. The more players signing up, the greater my motivation to upload files.

And please don't forget the ensemble music also offered on the same page!

Routines for melodic and harmonic scales are in the planning.

Enjoy and sweat!

Klaus

Follow Ups: