Re: Re: Orchestra Salaries

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by SHS Tubamaster on May 09, 2003 at 22:20:17:

In Reply to: Re: Orchestra Salaries posted by Brandon on May 09, 2003 at 14:02:37:

Ah, sigh. Yet again, we have the personal promotion overthrowing the truth of the matter. You are ready to win a job now. This does not mean you will. Unexpected things occur. For example, at a fairly recent audition for the New York Phil, someone I know went in expecting to have a great chance at the job. No one expected Warren Deck to show up at that audition. Guess who won. You won't have a chance at the job if your sound isn't what the judges for the orchestra know they want. It all depends on what exactly world-class sound is. My sound could be world-class to a bunch of middle schoolers on Jupiters, but under the supervision of a teacher, it is brought into perspective. I could make a bunch of money playing my tuba as well, but I have a long way to go.(Don't all of us freshmen?)
As they say, there's always a bigger fish out there. Your teacher's words can't win the audition for you; you have to do it yourself. Being so blindly arrogant will not win anything except contempt. Remember, a matter of time with Mr.Chisham was quite a number of years....

SHS"like someone else said, shut up and get the damn thing, if you're so ready"Tubamaster

Follow Ups: