Re: Re: Re: Re: Playing for the Prime Minister

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Wade on May 14, 2003 at 16:25:32:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Playing for the Prime Minister posted by So Much for Love on May 14, 2003 at 12:51:00:

If you have been following Mr. Goodgigs' series of posts, you will recall just what I was poking fun at. I do not normally post anonymously, but did so in this case by an oversight on my part (oops).

Regardless, if you had really looked at what I wrote (you see, I know you did not read it carefully due to your response), you would clearly see what I had written and seen the joke and jab.

So, for you, I will SPELL IT OUT and you can go back and compare and see that you owe me an apology for accusing me of any such thing. I find that my most enjoyable playing comes from "freebies" that have nothing to do with wages, politics, mileage, or any other job-related issues. I get my kicks from playing with some of my MSO colleagues in community groups full of people who are just having a great time playing music.

Please read more carefully in the future to avoid making false accusations.

Here is (again) what I wrote:

If you make money, it is called a "gig".

If you do it for free, it is a "performance".

If you pay for the privilage to play (as Mr. Goodgigs keeps claiming to do . . . ), then it is comparable to taking a class.

You should not pay to play and then brag about it as having been a "gig". Hence my joke. Would that you had read it more carefully and laughed (or groaned) rather than having been so careless by half-reading it and spewing forth a stream of invective at someone that is in agreement with you.

Cheers!

Wade "that is a minus sign in the third line of my last post" Rackley

Follow Ups: