Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Bad News List

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Mary Ann on May 14, 2003 at 19:56:18:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Bad News List posted by Doc on May 14, 2003 at 13:11:03:

You must have received a different quality of medical care than I have. Are you limited in your treatment by your HMO? Does your insurance pay for nutritional treatments that will correct your condition, or only drugs that will lessen the symptoms while creating more symptomatic side effects that, amazingly, need more drugs to treat them?

The very worst off in America are those who cannot afford medical insurance and don't have low enough incomes to qualify for charity. If they go to the hospital or need some lab tests, they are charged about four times what someone is charged who can afford medical insurance. It should be one price for all; the service is the same, the price should be the same. It is the most backwards thinking I have ever run into that someone who cannot afford medical insurance is charged four times for the same service as someone who can afford medical insurance. Please refer to my comment about the lack of critical thinking ability in this country. Even a blithering idiot can see that this is wrong, but _capitalism_ applied to _medicine_ is ethically incorrect.

I am not calling you a blithering idiot or implying that you lack critical thinking ability. Those comments are directed towards the culture in general, the one that is ruining itself through the love of money.

MA

Follow Ups: