another tuba bell for sale...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by js on May 19, 2003 at 23:16:20:

I have a tuba bell for sale that fits these models:

Olds O-99
Reynolds TB-10
Bach "Mercedes" (after the tooling was purchased by Selmer from Olds/Reynolds in 1980)

and maybe it would fit one of those commonly found small-bore front-action Conn's, too (?).

This bell has a very unusual finish: SATIN-NICKEL PLATING (not kidding). It is in really good condition, and the few dents that exist will be removed prior to shipment (as long as the buyer doesn't expect absolute perfection). I'll do a nice job. There are no severe creases.

Back in the '70's - particularly in California - there was quite a "fad" of replacing Mirafone 184 bells with these Olds/Reynolds bells. They are just about the same diameter at the small end and just about the same length. (Of course, this bell has a fatter and wider flare than a Mirafone 184, so it would "soften" the tone of a 184.)

The price of this bell is $200 + U.P.S. shipping and insurance. I'm set up to accept the four major credit cards. I'm sorry that I can't remember offhand the exact bell rim diameter...16"? 16-1/2"? Those who "know" this model have seen a jillion of these in schools, etc.

I also have the bottom bow (same odd finish, same condition, and same willingness to smooth out the few existing dents) for $50.

You can email me at work (link above). Thanks!

Follow Ups: