Re: MW 2265??

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Matt Walters on May 21, 2003 at 08:18:58:

In Reply to: MW 2265?? posted by Charles on May 20, 2003 at 10:59:43:

Charles,
The MW 2265 is the same as the latest 2165, but with the 19" bell from the Fafner. If they use a smaller leadpipe like on the 2000, they will really have something. I like it when I get to experiment and Pros prove me right. There are 4 MW 2165 tubas with the leadpipe from the 45S-LP F tuba on them. They gained 3 times what they lost. The existing leadpipe in the MW 2165 lets you put large quantities of air at faster than normal velocity through the horn. But for that, they don't have clear enough articulation on anything below a Forte volume level when most people play them. Artists working with manufacturers in designing horns, loose sight of a production horn that will work for most players and instead insist on a custom horn built for their own playing quirks. I like the smaller F tuba leadpipe on the horn, but knowing I like a little smaller leadpipe than average, I would in retrospect, suggest the leadpipe taper from the MW 2000 as Meinl Weston's leadpipe on the 2265 and future 2165 tubas. Matt

Follow Ups: