Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Rudy RM-50 on Dillons Used Tubas page

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by EdFirth on May 22, 2003 at 07:06:20:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Rudy RM-50 on Dillons Used Tubas page posted by Phil Golson on May 21, 2003 at 12:10:11:

I am the current owner of this horn.Matt's description is totally acurate but I would like to add that it really pegs a tuner and is very adjustable because the first and third slides are fixed to move together.Ask Matt to explain it to you,he's much better at it than I am.Why am I selling it?I was the tuba player in the MajicKingdomBand A.K.A.Walt Disney World Band and worked there for sevevteen years,playing a B flt King for almost the whole time.When the big layoffs came about three years ago I transferred to another department to keep the insurance.Mike Roylance and Willie Clark started making the audition circut,Chris Olka had already left and gotten the Seattle job.These guys are good friends and encouraged me to give it a shot.They also said they didn't think anyone was advancing playing B flat so I decided to get a good C.I really liked the horn but didn't get invited to Ft. Worth and someone pointed out that most guys my age are getting ready to retire from orchestras so I decided not to chase the brass ring and just continue to do what I do here in town so I'm going to play my B flats and decided to sell the Rudy.It IS a terrific horn though.Just my opinion,sorry about the legnth of this post and hope I answered what questions you had.EdFirth

Follow Ups: