Re: Re: Re: Re: How in the worl would play this horn????

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jim Andrada on May 22, 2003 at 16:12:59:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: How in the worl would play this horn???? posted by Rick Denney on May 22, 2003 at 14:06:49:

Having stayed at that hotel several times a year and walked across that walkway many many times before it fell, I was really shocked by the incident - particularly since I had been there on the walkway only a week or two before the accident.

I don't know that I'd call them "cables" though - rods seem to come to mind as I believe they had large nuts threaded onto the ends and they (as I remember) were a couple of inches in diameter.

Also can't remember if it was really the Hilton, or the Marriot or Hyatt or what - funny how advancing years does that to people.

I also sort of remember when they built the Hallmark center in KC with the big atrium with a cliff face left in place and escalators going to the shopping area on the upper level above the cliff. There was a story around that they closed the building in and turned on the heat during the winter and the next day there were about a zillion rattlesnakes slithering around the lobby who had come out of hibernation in the cliff face when it warmed up.

Could be urban legend or fact, but sort of another aspect of "design".

Or I could be remembering everything all wrong!

Tuba related content - I wonder if you played a tuba (BBb or CC, lacquer or silver) in fornt of a frozen cliff face would the low frequency vibrations wake up the snakes?

Follow Ups: