Re: Re: Re: Southeastern euphonium repair ques.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by george on May 27, 2003 at 11:36:19:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Southeastern euphonium repair ques. posted by Beware on May 25, 2003 at 13:41:40:

I am the owner of Southeastern Musical Services in Huntsville.
First of all, we regularly give away small stuff like neoprene, valve cork, pull stuck mouthpieces, etc....for free. However, we often get calls from people wanting to buy pads and other supplies to do their own repairs. We make it a store policy to NOT sell supplies.
As for the price of a cleaning, those prices vary according to what the particular instrument is, and what other services might be required. We do not have a $400 price on any tuba cleaning, unless it also requires polishing of the silver plating. So, when posting your negative comments, please make sure you have all the facts. We have been here for 27 years, and it is never pleasant having to defend our reputation to someone who has never used our services. If you had a problem with us, it is much more professional to complain to the source, rather than posting an anonymous remark to a group, which could seriously impact one's reputation and influx of potential customers.
If you would rather use Lee Stofer, that's fine and dandy. Lee is a good guy, and maybe he could clean your horn for a price more in line with your budget. We use Ultrasonics, which is a state of the art method of cleaning. I believe Lee uses chemicals, but I'm not certain. By the way, we consider Lee a good customer, and we have rebuilt many horns for him.
Thanks for letting me post the facts.
George Kraft
President
Southeastern Musical Services, Inc.
Huntsville, Alabama 35805
256-539-5906

Follow Ups: