Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Postwar Yorks vs. "Vintage" Yorks?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by K on May 27, 2003 at 13:27:42:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Postwar Yorks vs. "Vintage" Yorks? posted by fUmBlEs on May 27, 2003 at 12:53:37:

The YM owned by Rick represents the version with the open wrap 4th valve tubing placed fairly freely on the back-side of the "main-frame".

Mine has the most of the 4th valve tubing placed within the mainframe with a bit placed in the open front area under the leadpipe. There it has two fairly sharp bends, one of them the tuning/drain slide.

I rather would prefer Rick's wrap type even if it has been criticised for hurting the lap of the player. My type does not feel restricted in 4th combinations. But by definition I prefer open wraps without sharp bends. And the inner-frame placements prevents my left hand from going through the frame to adjust slides for very low range playing.

Klaus

PS: Rick! You know I don't steal pictures from other peoples permanent web sites, but if you don't protest wildly, the next issue of my gallery index will present a link for your Y vs.YM page.

PSII: To the original poster: As reported through this thread the "real thing" YM can be found in permutations with bell-up and bell-front plus inner/outer 4th valve wraps. The common traits are 4 pistons, a .750 bore, and the large branch arrangement seen at Rick's and mine sites.

Follow Ups: