Re: tuba pairing ? (cc & f)

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Dan Boykin on May 30, 2003 at 09:28:22:

In Reply to: tuba pairing ? (cc & f) posted by anon on May 30, 2003 at 00:28:47:

I agree with Lee's comments. I own an alex 3/4 horn I have had for 25 years. It is fabulous. I bought a PT-15 a few years ago. There is little difference in the two. The alex has a CC sound but lots of agility. The PT-15 has the usually stuffiness issues. I will keep both, but in reality there is likely no reason to. I own a PT-6 as well, so the Alex and PT-6 are a great combo. I do not know the horns you describe, but it is likely similar to my situation.

I have a suggestion. Why don't you get the small CC and an F together. Get several tuba friends as well, and some non-tuba friends. Set up a screen, label the horns and players. Then have a mock audition with several players playing several items on both the small CC and the F. Have the listenees chose which they like? Do not tell them which hoirn, but do tell them which player is playing. After hearing a few people play the same thing on F and CC, see what the audience says. Post your findings if you do. But I will bet the Small CC wins!

Dan

Follow Ups: