Re: Re: Re: Conn 20J lead pipe wanted

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Joe S. on November 04, 1999 at 21:54:08:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Conn 20J lead pipe wanted posted by Gary S on November 04, 1999 at 11:49:17:

Now that band instrument rental season is over (my bread, butter, and daughter's tuition), I am in the process of "converting" one of these (4 piston) short-action detachable bell Conns to a CC, to 4 + 1, AND to an upright bell instrument. Why? Because no one that I no of has ever done it before -- only Holtons, Yorks, and the like. Perhaps no one thinks these "worthy" of the trouble. We will soon see. My conversion involves remarkably simple steps, compared to the Holton that I did for myself years ago and finally sold this year. I will post pics., as promised a month or so ago, soon. I am hoping that the procedure will also raise the notoriously flat 3rd partial (wish me luck), because I am making a LOT of the "front end" of the instrument smaller (more like tubas that DO NOT have 3rd partial intonation problems).

Yep, I grabbed THIS one off of eBay, and am making a "main tuning slide mounted within" new mouthpipe from an Allied universal. I will position this new main tuning slide to be comfortably operable by the left hand.

Follow Ups: