Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Switch to Eb, or keep fighting with F

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Joe B. on November 09, 1999 at 12:14:59:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Switch to Eb, or keep fighting with F posted by Aubrey Foard on November 07, 1999 at 17:40:09:

This BBS is about as near as you're going to find to an autonomous cooperative. Sean, our illustrious webmaster, takes an extremely Laissez Faire approach, and lets us spank one another when necessary rather than censoring us. It doesn't happen often, and is almost always well deserved, but it does happen. There are really only five offenses:
1. Extreme vulgarity (almost never happens, about the only time Sean steps in)
2. Repeated 'graffiti' posts, which don't really ask or say anything (e.g. Tuba Gods)
3. Condescension toward 'lesser' players ("" when you say that!)
4. Posts that stray outside of the topic (we don't want to "Make Money Fast!!!")
5. Insulting the memory of Arnold Jacobs or William Bell. (Tuba saints)
Other than that, there's tons of disagreement, but it is gentle and brotherly (and increasingly sisterly, which is great!). More importantly there is plenty of info and opinion on matters of equipment and technique.

By the way, I personally approve of, and have used, anonymity in posts, not because I'm afraid of a backlash, but because I want my view to stand on its own, neither helped nor hindered by the identity of the poster.

Follow Ups: