Holton 6/4 Conspiracy Theory

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Sam Gnagey on November 10, 1999 at 06:28:56:

I just finished up putting together a Holton 6/4 CC for myself which I cut down from BBb. I can give more details on the horn if you're interested in hearing about it. The CB guys were through here last week, and I had Chuck Dallenbach play it. He liked it a lot-thought it is better than most of the Holton factory made CCs. The question is : With all the tools to make this great tuba just sitting there on the shelf, why doesn't Holton do it? I know that many of us have contacted them about putting the 6/4 in production. Their responses have been pretty vague and unsatisfactory. My paranoia leads me to wonder whether they have been bought off production-The Grand International 6/4 Tuba Cartel at thier devious work;-)
But, to be serious, It does seem criminal that these horns aren't being made available to us. It might be worth our concerted efforts to let the folks at Holton know that there is a need for their 6/4 product.
The good news is that I have two more of these beautys to cut. I try to get a pic of this one posted for eveyone's enjoyment.

Follow Ups: