Re: hellebergs, help!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Marty Neilan on November 13, 1999 at 18:23:35:

In Reply to: hellebergs, help! posted by Alex on November 13, 1999 at 14:41:51:

Man with all the similar helleberg posts recently, I almost feel like I am spamming the BBS. I apologize if I offend anyone-
The Warburton Neilan may be what you are looking for. The AJ is a great mouthpiece but with a very nasty rim (my opinion as well as some others). The W-N is also a large helleberg style and the rim is wider and rounder, very comfortable but you can still jump all around the horn unlike some wide but flat rims. The mouthpiece will give a very similar sound and response to what you have now. The added mass does not seem to hurt the response any and helps to solidify the tone, at least in my opinion. I have posted several responses about it recently including a picture that displays the curvature of the rim. If you like hellebergs, the PT-88 is a rounded C style cup and may not be what you are looking for, although it is a good mouthpiece. Email me, and I can give you more details about the W-N mouthpiece. Terry is doing a run of them this week, so you may want to contact him if you are interested. I don't make any money off of this. This mouthpiece was designed to address the shortcomings in an already very good mouthpiece (the one you currently play on) and create what I consider the ultimate for my personal use. I only hope to share it with others seeking the same thing.

Thanks
Marty Neilan

Follow Ups: