Re: Re: Re: Re: Performance Major and Marching Band?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by MBD on November 14, 1999 at 01:36:20:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Performance Major and Marching Band? posted by Dale Phelps on November 14, 1999 at 01:02:07:

Thank you Dave for scolding me sooooo handily. Maybe I'll make myself go stand in the corner for awhile. I pour my life and soul into my program all year long, so my people get plenty out of me. Get this straight, I hate football and I don't care for marching band that much either. I would much rather be inside teaching music rather than left-right-left. When you people start whining about your backs and talking about profs who don't encourage their students to do marching band, I feel that you are attacking what I do, and it's hard enough to do it without people damning it. I don't believe name calling (what there was of it) conveys the anger I feel when I hear others trivializing the work that ALL marching band students put into their shows.

p.s. Regarding my anonimity, if you don't like my opinion, fine. Maybe your just anti Music Ed. But i figured that since my opinion would not be a popular one among the tuba elite, and I didn't feel like fighting with you people for the rest of my life.

Oh yeah, I don't drink beer or any other alcoholic beverages, have never painted my face for a football game and would rather be dead than be a mid-westerner.

Follow Ups: