I.T.E.S. Workshop 2000

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Ted Cox on November 17, 1999 at 09:41:58:

I am very pleased to announce the dates for the Third International Tuba-Euphonium Summer Workshop. Session I will be June 18-24 and session 2 will be June 25-July 1. The faculty remains the same as always, Sam Pilafian, Brian Bowman, Deanna Swoboda and myself. The new and improved web site is up, (www.occe.ou.edu/cafe/tubacamp). You will find everything you need to know on the site. This past summer we reached our enrollment limit and I expect this summer to have a waiting list. Enrollment was up 68% between the first year and the second year. We must limit the number of students to 40 per week to make this event work as it was designed. If you are interested in attending this summer, please plan ahead, it will fill up early. A few changes have been made regarding the younger players especially. We will have a curfew and nightly check-in for students under the age of 18. Also, a minimum of 3 years playing experience plus a letter of recommendation must be submitted for high school students. Now that we have the numbers for this event to financially work, we will now start to raise the playing level. This worshop is a "roll up your sleaves and get your hands dirty" event. You will work and you will improve by the end of the week. Sam looks at the week as a giant home work assignment for the rest of the year. We had a lot of students return for the 2nd year who were at the first year and they all had improved greatly. I hope you will join us for what will be the best workshop yet.
Ted Cox

Follow Ups: