Re: Re: Re: Tuba colleges in Texas

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Kendall Prinz on November 17, 1999 at 11:18:09:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Tuba colleges in Texas posted by Matt on November 17, 1999 at 02:25:26:

I agree with Matt. I received my M.M in music composition from UNT and spent three wonderful years studying with Don Little. He is a wonderful professor who focuses on fundamentals that improve your overall playing. He expects a lot, as any professor would, but it is well worth it. He also has a wonderful sound, and plays in your lesson frequently so that you have an example of a characteristic tuba sound to listen to. I cannot say enough about how invaluable my experience with Don was at UNT. He is also committed to helping his students succeed, even now, after I have my own tuba studio at Texas Lutheran University, I can still count on him as a collegue and a friend for advice.

That being said, Wherever you decide to go. You should first go talk (audition) with the tuba instructor and if possible take a lesson with him to see his or her approach is the one you feel will benefit you the most. That should be the most crucial factor in your decission making process

Sincerely

Kendall Prinz

Follow Ups: