Re: schilike mp's

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Moises M. Carrasco on November 17, 1999 at 21:04:12:

In Reply to: schilike mp's posted by Neil M. on November 17, 1999 at 19:13:25:

Hi,
Yes, the Helleberg II's are still in production. Did you know that there are several types of Helleberg II mouthpieces?
The ones I own are: the regular H II (flat rim, sharp edge and funnel cup), H II Geib (SAME rim, SAME edge, slightly rounded cup and tighter throat) and the H II F (again same rim and edge with an even tighter throat). To my ears, the regular H II has a slight edge and brightness to it. The Geib has a warmer, rounder sound and is particularly suited to larger bore rotary horns. The H II F is designed with an F tuba in mind, but also works well on my 4/4 CC. The F provides lots os harmonics and brightness for solo work. The beauty is that you can switch between these mouthpieces without a problem because of the identical rims. You must special order the H II's if they are not in stock at the usual places (i.e. Brasswind, Giardinelli, etc.) I used to deal with Scott Laskey directly, but he is now running his own company. Talk to them, they can make what ever you want! Shilke's address is: Shilke Music Products, Inc. 4520 James place Melrose Park, Ill 60160 708-343-8858

Good luck!

-MMC-

Follow Ups: