Re: Re: M.W. 45SLP F tuba ???

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Todd on November 25, 1999 at 23:00:31:

In Reply to: Re: M.W. 45SLP F tuba ??? posted by Good Question! on November 25, 1999 at 21:38:35:

Hi!!

Well I may not be the end all for the MW F tuba but I did try one out at Dillon Music in NJ. I was in the market for an F tuba and Matt Walters introduced me to the Meinl Weston first before I decided to get the Yamaha 822S. He told me the price tag and I was a little skeptical. It is a rather "cheap" or rather inexpensive F tuba. I did give it a try and it had a very dark sound which I noticed right away. It was not what I would imagine from an F tuba. If you are looking for a bright sounding F tuba, then this might not be your thing. As for the low range it was very good. I had NO problem popping out any of the low notes. There was one thing that scared me about it. It has a trigger for the second valve for tuning. Albeit a good idea for intonation, but I wanted a simple 5 valve F tuba with no funky tuning jigger. (I think that was a personal quirk) All in all it was a fine how. I wish I played on it so more. I hope that helps!

Follow Ups: