Re: Starting a quintet

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by tommo on November 26, 1999 at 22:04:42:

In Reply to: Starting a quintet posted by Lonny on November 26, 1999 at 21:27:03:

Some of the best places to start with getting your name around is in any store that has anything to do with weddings: Formal hire stores, proper wedding shops and agencies etc. There is good money to made at weddings. Maybe try your local churches as well. Go into your local town hall and see if they provide any performance oppurtunites. Our city council puts on 'oldies' concerts. These are gigs aimed at retirees and are well publicized at retirement homes (try those homes as well!). These concerts provide a genuine audience that truely enjoys the music. All you have to do is play favourites: Sousa marches, light classics (re. Nessum Dorma!) and some dixieland/rag charts. We get a solid 500-750 person following at these concerts!

As you may have picked up, I really love playing in my quintet and I truely believe that being in a quintet, can provide you with some of your most enjoyable playing experiences. I wish you every possible success in your venture!

Follow Ups: