Re: Re: Re: Re: Euphonium recommendations?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by shadowfax on December 01, 1999 at 01:35:25:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Euphonium recommendations? posted by Joe Eckstrom on November 23, 1999 at 00:18:04:

don't be scared of the different 4th valve position. It takes about 10 minutes max to get used to, and after that it's REALLY nice to have it down there. . .I always had trouble playing 2-4 and 1-4 with the top valve models because i'm just dumb like that. . .the 4th valve played with the left hand makes it really easy. I wouldn't go back to a "normal" configuration now for anything.

I love my besson (i haven't BTW, noticed ANY problem with the laquer. . it's 5 years old and still just as nice as when it was delivered. Of course, I AM fanatical about keeping the horn clean- - I polish it just about every time I play it, which has probably helped in that respect. . .I know another guy with the same horn that never cleans it, and his is in considerably worse shape as far as the appearance goes.

I also really* like the polymer coating on the valves. . .I couldn't find similar valves in any other brand for a similar price. . .these valves are FAST.

All in all, it's a very nice horn.

Follow Ups: