Re: Re: Re: Tour of tuba factories?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michael Russo on November 01, 2000 at 20:04:48:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Tour of tuba factories? posted by ACE on November 01, 2000 at 18:47:26:

The Cerveny Factory is about 4.5 hours away from Amati...closer to Prague. Amati is literally accros the boarder from VMI. You walk across the boarder then walk about 300 meters. There is always a cab that can take you into town.

My trip was 6 factories in 5 days. There wasn't the time to drive all the way to Cerveny and back. But, all the Cerveny tubas are shipped from Amati. I was able to play Cerveny's tubas at Amati. They didn't have a lot of horns for us to play, but there were a few. The only new thing was a new Amati euph. It was good. I was also able to request to play a Cerveny Eb that I had never played. It would not be an instrument for everyone, but I could see a use for it among Eb players. (It had more of an F tuba sound, but it plays more like a Bb tuba...go figure!)

The new Amati CC tuba you are refering to, isn't new at all. It's in the Brasswind Catalog. They have made some changes to the horn, but the model isn't new. I have not played one since they had re-worked it. We had one at Brasswind a few months ago. That horn had a nice sound, but the intonation was a major issue. Also the valves needed some help. I haven't ordered another one, because the only horn in the States was a little damaged. I don't like ordering stuff that I'll have to sell as B-stock right off the bat.

I hope I answered all your questions!

Take care!

mike russo
Brasswind
(800) 348-5003 ext. 2266

Follow Ups: