Re: Meinl Weston tuba

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Daniel C. Oberloh on November 07, 2000 at 00:21:51:

In Reply to: Meinl Weston tuba posted by Charles on November 06, 2000 at 01:41:43:

(The previous note was incomplete sorry.)
Just thought I would put an additional two cents in. Warren and Sam could pull off a gig
using the the biggest pile of junk any one could come up with. What they play on makes no
difference. I don't think they buy off the rack like most players do. I have played a lot of horns and worked on a great many more. For the money I would recommend a 2155, I am
sure a number of players will have opinions but the quality and price are reasonable. It
works well in all situations and is relatively consistent. Personally, I play on a Hirsbrunner HB-2P with the same old Perantucci 21 and 9 I have used for the past fifteen years. I don't think a better horn exists that can cover all the bases the way it does and I have been able to compare it to just about any thing you can think of. I do understand that I am quite fortunate to have such a good instrument and the price is prohibitively expensive to most players including me. The 2155 is a good substitute and If I had to buy a good CC tuba today it would be my choice as I could not afford the horn I already have. Brasswind is a good place to pick one up (if they are in stock ) and you will save considerable $$$. Just make sure you check it out with a good tuner.

Best of luck in your serch.
Daniel C. Oberloh
Oberloh Woodwwind and Brass Works
www.oberloh.com

Follow Ups: