Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Why DO pros use different instruments?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Pete on November 11, 2000 at 19:13:50:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Why DO pros use different instruments? posted by Chuck Jackson on November 10, 2000 at 04:02:32:

Hey Chuck (J)...sorry I had to.
Won't be moving back anytime soon look's like. I am hanging out to try for a couple auditions over here next year. Going back to the "beach" for Xmas vacation though. I plan on meeting up with Joe Burton too.
The only Viennese tuba I have heard would be Arnold Jacobs on the Tchaik 6/Riener CSO, and as you know he can make anything sound good. It is possible that some of the VPO recordings I own could be the Viennese tuba being used. I did however have the opportunity to hear the Art of Brass Vienna with Jon Sass live some months back and the horn player was using a Vienna horn. Very interesting sound, very clear and focused. The guy was AWESOME. They did Ewald #1 and the trombone player used a tenor tuba for the part. Great effect! Great concert! Afterwards, we all went out for some brews, and it was a long night. Come to find out the second trumpet player is Bruckner's grandson. Amazing!

Cheers (_)?
Pete Link

Follow Ups: