Dillon Music/Seattle Symphony

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Chris Olka on November 19, 2000 at 22:44:39:

Though I regularly read this bulletin board, I never post, but in this case will make an exception. I'd like to take this opportunity to use Sean Chisham's invaluable asset to the tuba/euphonium community to recognize the wonderful people at Dillon Music and relate my experience with them. As some of you might know, I recently was privileged to be appointed the new principal tubist of the Seattle Symphony. However, my association with Dillon Music began long ago with much humbler beginnings. I was simply a student at the Juilliard School who was in the market for a couple of tubas. From the first time that I walked into the store, I was treated with the utmost respect and courtesy by Steve Dillon, Matt Walters and the rest of the guys at Dillon Music. I have had numerous dealings with them over the last six years and can say without reservation that there is no other store or group of people that are better. I have been preparing for this audition for a long time and the wonderful instruments I obtained through Dillon's helped me to achieve the highest standards of playing. There is not a single instrument that I play that has not in some way been improved by or purchased from Dillon Music. I apologize for cluttering this bulletin board with commercial endorsements but could not be more sincere about my appreciation and gratitude for what Dillon Music provides to our profession. Thank you all for indulging me and I hope at some point everyone has the opportunity to deal with Steve, Matt, and the rest of the gang at Dillon Music.

Chris Olka

Follow Ups: