Re: I will NEVER ship via U.P.S. again !!!!!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Rick Denney on November 09, 2001 at 10:14:55:

In Reply to: I will NEVER ship via U.P.S. again !!!!! posted by js on November 07, 2001 at 09:10:05:

After reading all these horror stories, it seems to me that a class action lawsuit is in the making. UPS gets away with it because their customers are divided, and don't know about the problems similar customers have had.

The fine print does not get them off the hook. You cannot contract away liability for negligence. But you'd have to prove negligence on their part, but this doesn't seem too difficult in the case of established businesses selling documentably new or recently overhauled instruments using a commercial shipping service and factory packaging. But it's not worth the cost of pursuing it legally for any one victim. Hence, the class action. Find a greedy lawyer (that shouldn't be too hard). I'd love to see UPS as a defendent in front of a jury of relatives of Fedex employees in Memphis (and isn't everyone a relative of a Fedex employee there?).

In the meantime, I would provide detailed documentation to the Better Business Bureau and the Tennessee Attorney General's office. The latter is full of greedy lawyers. And if you used a credit card to pay for the shipping, I would refuse payment.

The airlines have been getting away with this for years, because their victims won't band together and do something about it. I'm hoping that maybe a senior senator will get valuable baggage munched by the airlines, and have the integrity not to tell them he's a senator so he can see how hard it is to be compensated.

Rick "not holding his breath" Denney

Follow Ups: