Once again, a VERY satisfied customer...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Josh Wirt on November 12, 2001 at 12:14:50:

This weekend, a good friend of mine and I decided to make a trip to Baltimore Brass. We were both very interested in trying out some F tubas, specifically a couple of new silverplated Meinl Weston 45-SLP's.

About a year ago, I was looking for larger F tuba and Mr. Fedderly found a really nice YFB-822S for me to try. We spent an afternoon working on different horns and mouthpieces until we found what seemed to work best for me. It worked out to be really good horn for me, but was lacking in the color of the sound that I have been looking for lately. After speaking with Mr. Fedderly recently about these new Meinl's, I knew that I wanted to give them a try and see if they could "fill the gap".

After only a few minutes on one of the Meinl's, I knew there was no going back to the Yamaha. I looked over at my friend who was playing the other one of these and he had this grin from ear-to-ear. We both knew that we had found what we were looking for.

Mr. Fedderly listened to us each playing and made some insightful suggestions, as well as a very subtle modification to the tuning slide. The horn played great before, but after he worked on the inside of the slide, it played even better. The high register was even more solid and open than before.

I have always been extremely happy with the instruments that I have purchased from Mr. Fedderly, but I've been more impressed with his way of conducting business. Always insightful, extremely courteous, fair, honest. I can't say enough nice things about him or his business and couldn't recommend him enough!

BTW, he's got a ton of really good new/used horns in stock right now. I didn't really play many of them this time around, but there were some really good horns that were still there from the last visit I made.

Josh

Follow Ups: