Re: Re: Silent Brass for Tuba- broken clamps

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Graham Smith on November 14, 2001 at 09:50:54:

In Reply to: Re: Silent Brass for Tuba- broken clamps posted by Matt S. on November 14, 2001 at 01:44:09:

I got mine from a dealer who was trying to sell it on e**y, and the price was pretty good.
However, I must admit to being rather disillusioned when I saw what to mee seemed to be rather flimsy plastic when I got it out of the box.
In my case, I bought the thing because it's hard for me to find time to do leisure things except at hours when other folks in my house (notably wife and kids) want quiet to do things like sleeping. So, this seemed like a solution, but certainly the Silent Brass topic has been controversial, judging from the posts I saw on it in archives.
I probably will contact the Yamaha folk directly about the little teensy clamps if I don't get some satisfaction from the dealer. However, I haven't gotten hold of them yet, since this thing just arrived yesterday and I unpacked it last night.)
I will keep everyone posted.
It is, however, a comfort to know that here among the good folks on Tubenet, there are those who have had this experience. Given the nature of the construction of this Silent Brass system, I suspected I'd find some sympathetic ears!
Graham

Follow Ups: