Re: Practicing Highnotes with a Trumpet MP

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Austin H. on November 14, 2001 at 21:05:56:

In Reply to: Practicing Highnotes with a Trumpet MP posted by Tracy H. on November 13, 2001 at 22:22:51:

Scott watson told me that that was one of his "tricks" to getting high notes. He did say, however, not to play more than 5 minutes a day on trumpet. He said that is coordinates the muscles you use for high notes, and that you use the same muscles on trumpet as you do in the high register on tuba. I play Bass trombone in 7th period jazz band, but I have to play the first trombone part due to a lack of (talented) trombone players. When I take a ride, I just play around and see how high I can play sometimes. I have found that however high I can play on the trombone, I can play that high on tuba. One day I hit a super C (I guess the technical term would be a c3) on trombone, the next day, I picked up the tuba, bam, I hit a double super C (same c3). I have found that playing trombone has helped out my high chops alot. Everyday now, I've EASILY got range far above super c (c2). Before, I could probably squeak out a super c hopefully maybe on a good day. It doesn't really matter though, you never play anything up there.

Austin "who still likes wow-ing people with his high chops" Howle

Follow Ups: