Guess what I found?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Mark F. on November 18, 2001 at 22:22:18:

Digging through my video towers, I ran across a tape that I completly forgot I owned. It is an 1987 PBS style show called "Musical Experience with Harvey Phillips" The show featured members of the IU tuba studio playing a couple of short solos, answering questions, and playing in a mass ensemble. All for an audience of elementary school kids.
It's about 25 minutes long, and pretty interesting. Although the copyright said 87, I have a feeling that it may be a bit older that that from the style of clothes and haircuts.
Another interesting shocker came when I saw the Piano player accompianing the solos. I turned to my wife and said "That's RUTH!" She is the pianist who plays with the orchestra I play with here in North Texas. She has always seemed a liitle snobbish about Brass players, so it really shocked me to see her on the tape. I will see her in a couple of weeks, so I will have to ask her if she has a better copy of the tape than i do. Mine's pretty good, but I might have lost the first couple of minutes.
Does anybody else have this tape? Is there anybody here who played on it?
Anybody else have any old vidoetapes they would like to tell the group about? One I would love to have a copy of is the Bobo tonight show appearances. Maybe we could work out a trade.

Follow Ups: