Re: Re: irked about parents

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by mikemay on November 19, 2001 at 15:05:52:

In Reply to: Re: irked about parents posted by Rick Denney on November 19, 2001 at 14:48:08:

Dear Julie,

Please read the responses that others have written, and take them to heart. Many are sharing a life lesson with you that is not meant to be hurtful, but to sincerely share the lessons that experience (i.e. more time on the planet) can bring.

Everyone truly has equal in life--no one truly has more than any other. Me personally, I have been short on "green stuff" what seems like too many times lately, but when I think of my wife and two toddler daughters, I know I have alot of everything else.

I am 37, and have only recently purchased my own horn (finally!), even though I have been a tubaist since the age of 15. It is a Conn 36K from 1966, a fiberglass sousaphone. While it is a horn that perhaps most would laugh at, I have been walking on clouds ever since I took it home. My little girls climb all over it, and they dance to the music I play on it. My two-year-old tells me "Daddy, I like your tuba" every day.

Julie, make a list of at least five things you are thankful for--you'll see that you do "have alot," and don't spend time worrying about others. Be happy with what you have, and use your energies and thoughts towards improving your own musicianship.

Take Care,

Mike

Follow Ups: