Re: What is it about Tuba players?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Nick on November 22, 2001 at 01:37:45:

In Reply to: What is it about Tuba players? posted by Allan on November 21, 2001 at 10:05:51:

Well, I'm not too unique..but in my own way.

I like to play soccer after band practice in the fall, I love dogs, and am an avid collecter of mouthpeices. (he he) I love to play tennis and watch football. But my favorite activity is going to musical events. If there is a concert or a band competition around in town.....you can be sure I'll be there. (reeeel bad band dork) I love to learn about the different kinds of tubas made...how they were made..how they play...and the history behind them, tubas and sousaphones (my fave) alike. Most of my time is spent at school or at work in my dads little pizza shop. I think were all unique in our own ways...but much alike also. I mean..who would have ever thought a saxophone player who hated the tuba and its players throught grade school would switch to trombone and finally make it to the tuba, and actually go somewhere with it and love every minute of it. But, as Russ from Mr. Holland's opus said...."Tubas are for fat guys with pimples...." Well....thats me!......and now you have.....my $00.02

Follow Ups: