Re: price/protection/convenience/nerdiness

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Doc on November 27, 2001 at 18:02:12:

In Reply to: price/protection/convenience/nerdiness posted by js on November 26, 2001 at 23:00:01:

I, too, think cases are best, even though I have cases and bags. I have been very fortunate that I have not received any dents to my axes in my gig bags over the last 12 or so years that I've had gig bags. I do agree that a hard case is best, and in fact, I use them most often. If I have a gig where I know a bag will work better (long walk, stairs, etc.), I use it. I do take great caution when using the bags. I don't care if I do look nerdy, I use my cases. The stereotype for us is kind of nerdy anyway, so no one will be disappointed. When some trumpet player asks, "Why no gig bag?" you can say "My investment is 6-8 times more than yours. And that's just one of my horns." Even a trumpet player can figure that out. I do think of the investments I've made. That's why I also recommend insurance. I'm not against bags, but IMO cases are the best protection. I think we all agree on that. It's a convenience thing. It's just a decision (with risk) one must make.
Doc

Follow Ups: