Recital Advice

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Joseph Felton on November 28, 2001 at 22:21:11:

One of the negative aspects of no longer being in school is that one must actively create situations that will encourage oneself to improve, stay engaged in making music, and excited. With that in mind I've decided to put on a recital, most likely end of January or early February. I have six pieces that I already own and have never performed that I would like some feedback on.

Carnival of Venice Arban/Domek
Piano Sonata in A -Third Mvmt(a.k.a. Turkish March) for tuba and piano Mozart/Amis
Concertino for tuba and piano Thomas Ritter George
Aria for piano and tuba Hartley
Self Portraits for solo tuba Anthony Vazzana
Sonata for solo tuba Frackenpohl

I'm also looking for a Violin/Tuba duet that I might do with my sister. She is a high school violinist but is very serious and fairly competent. Any suggestions? Is anyone familiar with the Victor Yoran Duo or Frackenpohl Air and Dance? Both available form TUBA Press.

Any suggestions regarding order, other peices that I should consider, which peices would be most enjoyable for the audience vs. performer, or life in general would be greatly appreciated. For the sake of the audience as well as my chops I think it would be wise to not do all the pieces listed above but I don't know who to cut. None are especially polished at the moment.

Thanks in advance,
Joseph

Follow Ups: