Improvement to Miraphone 1290/1295 CC

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Matt Walters on November 29, 2001 at 10:07:42:

Hey Gang,
As sme of you know, we became a Miraphone dealer this year. On our first shipment, there were two horns I was displeased with. To Miraphone's credit, they gladly took back the PR186-4V BBb. It had an after ring in the bell. The other things I could have easily taken care of myself. The replacement they sent me was awesome. Maybe the best PR186-4V I have ever played.

The Model 1295 CC they sent us was a disappointment. Just dead, stuffy, and some bad intonation. Okay, it was the first one I played so I guessed that is the way they are. Wrong! It's vavles were stuck from nobody wanting to play it so I took it back to the shop. There were burrs and jagged edges in the piston ports that would affect the airflow. After scraping and smoothing out the port edges, I put it back together. What a difference! The horn played more open and resonant and get this. The intonation improved! Anyone with a piston Miraphone CC should check the valves. I shared this with Miraphone and am sharing it with you. This is a simple thing your local repairman can do. Miraphone owners are welcome to give me a call to find out more about that piston repair.

Follow Ups: