Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Silver plating......a Mel Culbertson 6/4

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Hmm, Hmm, Hmm on November 29, 2001 at 17:26:28:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Silver plating......a Mel Culbertson 6/4 posted by Dennis Hale on November 29, 2001 at 08:31:48:

I don't think it's silly to prefer a silver finish. Two of my own horns are silver. I don't really think that the finish makes that much of a difference in the way a horn sounds but that is beside the point. If you wanted a silver horn, you should have special ordered one. I'm sure VMI would have been glad to oblige you. What I think is silly is having the horn completly refinished because of two little dents in the bow. What is even sillier is committing border line insurance fraud to change the color of your horn.

I buy insurance for my horns to protect me from having to pay huge repair bill or, worse yet, replace the horn when major accidents occur. I don't buy insurance to pay for every little ding and scratch and I certainly wouldn't use it to pay for custom work, and make no mistake, having your horn silver plated is custom work.

I think you are being a little naive about the insurance business. Insurance checks are issued from some central office, not by your agent. If the insurance company suspects hanky-panky they will send an adjustor out and I can almost guarantee that he or she will reject your claim. You are asking the insurance company to pay to put your horn in better than new condition, not LIKE new.

If you do get your horn plated, and if by chance the insurance company does pay for it, don't ever complain about the rising cost of insurance because will be part of the problem.

Follow Ups: