Re: Re: Re: MUSIC STORES AND BAND DIRECTORS

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Matt G on November 30, 2001 at 14:57:45:

In Reply to: Re: Re: MUSIC STORES AND BAND DIRECTORS posted by A Guy in Virginia on November 30, 2001 at 11:32:32:

Careful about that Graybar comment!

I work for those guys.

But seriously, that was a office building that, I believe, Leona Helmsley bought and we all know that she is honest and upright. No longer owned by Graybar, but still a NYC landmark.

One thing that makes those public sector jobs is that the vast majority of them are lower paying when compared to private sector jobs having similar duties. Add to that to the standard issue red tape that goes along with public jobs and in the Band Director positions, that it is very hard to get paid more when there is no real room for promotion, you will find that the people who aren't in the jobs for the "love" of teaching or what-not will commonly feel that this is their "right" because they are injustly underpaid and overworked.

Most of 'em probably don't do this though and I suspect an even smaller number of the ones who might even stumble across this page would even have the intestinal fortitude to respond.

Besides, most of the ones who would do this are those trick woodwind playing band directors!

Matt G

Follow Ups: