Re: Tuba and Flute

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Allison on November 12, 2002 at 18:18:37:

In Reply to: Tuba and Flute posted by Dan Mordhorst on November 11, 2002 at 16:06:22:

Hi everyone,
Well, I'm the flautist that Dan (the guy who started this post) is dating. I'm probably the catalyst for the posting of this particular thread becuase I brought the subject up last night. I remembered Dan mentioning the old post from a couple years ago and I was trying to come up with a good reason for the inordinately high number of flute/tuba "duos". Anyone have any more theories? I, too, play piccolo a lot more than flute (I'm a piccol) and I think that that's an even better combination: piccolo and tuba. I loved that "micro-tuba" comment. Anyone mind if I use it? In any case, Dan's galvanizing me. He gave me my first tuba lesson this weekend! It's ok, becuase I'm teaching him flute in return. Either way we'll stay a flute/tuba couple!
Hope that I don't get shunned for posting on this board as a member of the upper woodwind species, but I *am* a beginner tubist! Dan talks about this board a lot and from reading the responses to this thread, I think I'll stick around for a bit. Seems like a fun place. :-)

~.::Allison::.~

Follow Ups: