Re: Re: Re: New Embouchure Strengthening Tool

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tim Chen on November 22, 2002 at 17:52:58:

In Reply to: Re: Re: New Embouchure Strengthening Tool posted by Skeptic on November 22, 2002 at 09:02:22:

Hi,
You probably haven't even tried, this is someone's work and no it is NOT expensive, for less than $20 you get the stick (made in metal, probably stainless steel) AND instruction on how to work them (know-how VS blind chop banging).
So far we (tuba players at University of Arizona) have been doing some experiments and that includes me. It's my 3rd week with chop stick and I, like Steve, have noticed some improvements in my playing. I believe the chop stick is a good idea and going to the right direction, and in some cases, help build a good embouchure, develop the corners and cheek muscles and apply the strength into tuba playing,etc my teacher and I agree that I sound better after using the chop stick. That makes the 2 of us, Steve and I, to have positive results.

Bottom line, this (the chop sticks) is someone's work, and it's great work, not only the idea/intention is good, and it works, there is no reason to bash.

Follow Ups: