Re: Re: Martin Ellerby Euphonium Concerto

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Alan Herold on November 25, 2002 at 23:40:43:

In Reply to: Re: Martin Ellerby Euphonium Concerto posted by Brandon Jones on November 25, 2002 at 23:15:27:

Don't do that. I'd e-mail Sean if I were you and ask him to get rid of your post.

Burning a copy is stealing. One can make an argument that burning a copy doesn't hurt anyone, but that argument is not a valid one. If I burn a copy of a Led Zepplin CD, who is that really going to hurt? Probably not anyone except myself. If I burn a copy of a Steven Mead CD, a Roger Behrend CD, or sheet music written for euph or tuba, who does that hurt? ALL OF US THAT READ THIS BOARD. Why? Well, what gives Philip Sparke incentive to write music? Money. He does it for a living. Same with performers and producers of those CD's. If we steal, then we narrow the field of composers and performers that we enjoy. If we steal, they must go elsewhere to make thier living, and we're not moving forward with our art.

Please don't steal. Maintain your integrity and help promote tuba and euphonium playing. Our market simply isn't big enough to handle stealing. Skip Gray and others have arranged many pieces that we enjoy all the time. Let's at least let them earn the little bit of money they have coming. Who knows, it may be you that tries to write music for us in a few years.

Best,

Alan Herold

Follow Ups: