Re: Re: Relocating 4th valve slide on King 2341

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Lew on November 27, 2002 at 12:58:00:

In Reply to: Re: Relocating 4th valve slide on King 2341 posted by Chuck on November 27, 2002 at 12:20:09:

Since he is talking about a recording bell his is one of the older, 2 piece, 2341s. I never had a problem with intonation that would have required my moving the 4th valve slide while playing when I had that style King. It's definitely not a problem on my new King. Even so, I would think that if you really want to be able to adjust the 4th valve slide while playing that a push rod or trigger would be your best bet. I remember seeing one of Don Butterfield's Kings on which he had a few push rods for adjusting the slides while playing. That would seem to me to be a much less drastic solution than trying to relocate the slide.

I find the location of the first valve slide just about right for me to reach, but it was a little stiff when I first got it. I brought the horn back to Matt at Dillons, where I bought it, and he polished the inner slides and adjusted them so that all of the slides now work very smoothly and easily. If the slide doesn't work as well as you would like I'm sure it could be adjusted if you took it back to where you bought it.

Follow Ups: